Miami Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Miami is one of the most superb places to take advantage of the outdoors, and as such, it makes sense that riding a motorcycle is not just a popular hobby, but also a popular form of commuting within the city. And while most motorcyclists make their way to and fro on a daily basis without incident, statistics show that there are hundreds of motorcyclists killed in accidents in the state of Florida every year.
A motorcycle accident is almost always the result of a party’s negligence, and therefore is almost always preventable. If you have been in a motorcycle crash, our Miami motorcycle accident lawyer will advocate for you. Call us today to learn how we can help.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
As smaller vehicles, motorcycles can be more difficult to see, increasing the risk of an accident. But this is no excuse for the negligent behaviors in which drivers often engage, and which have the potential to cause serious accidents. Some of these behaviors and common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Failure to look;
- Failure to yield;
- Following too closely/tailgating;
- Aggressive driving;
- Impaired/intoxicated driving;
- Speeding; and
- Distracted driving.
In addition to drivers’ actions, the risk of a motorcycle accident may be increased by improper road signage, unsafe road conditions (i.e. potholes and depressions), or poor weather. In some cases, a motorcyclist’s own negligence causes or contributes to an accident.
Motorcycle Injuries Are Serious
The extent of harm that a motorcyclist may sustain in a crash is very serious. Because motorcyclists do not have the protection of windows, a vehicle frame, roof, airbags, and seatbelts, the force of the crash may be absorbed by the motorcyclist’s body. This can lead to traumatic and fatal injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries (the risk of brain injury is increased if the motorcyclist is unhelmeted at the time of crash);
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Road rash injuries;
- External injuries, such as lacerations and bruises;
- Internal injuries;
- Bone fracture injuries; and
- Soft tissue injuries.
If a motorcyclist survives a motorcycle accident, they may be left with injuries that are permanently disabling and require lifetime attention.
How Our Miami Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Can Help
Our Miami motorcycle accident lawyers at the office of Jacobs Legal are passionate about helping injury victims recover the full value of economic and noneconomic compensation they need after a crash. We do this by:
- Thoroughly investigating your case;
- Working with experts to build your case and testify on your behalf;
- Gathering statements from eyewitnesses;
- Organizing all legal documents and evidence, including your medical bills and medical chart;
- Managing all legal elements of your claim, including filing your claim within the appropriate time frame;
- Reviewing your settlement offer;
- Negotiating your settlement; and
- Litigating your case in court if necessary.
We want you to focus on your recovery while we focus on your settlement.
Call Our Miami Motorcycle Lawyers Today
Our Miami motorcycle accident lawyers are ready to start working on your case today. If you have questions about what happens next, who’s liable for your damages, or how much your claim may be worth, please call our team for a free consultation about your case and more legal information. You can also request a consultation by sending our law firm a message directly.