Miami Auto Accident Lawyer
Motor vehicles are often essential tools that allow us to get to and from work, run errands, and explore Miami and surrounding areas with ease. But vehicles weigh thousands of pounds, and when they collide, they are transformed from mere tools of convenience to killing machines. If you have been involved in an auto accident, our Miami auto accident lawyers can help you recover damages.
Injuries Caused by a Miami Auto Accident
The most traumatic part of an auto accident is typically not the crash itself, nor the fact that a vehicle may be totally destroyed in the process; instead, the most devastating thing about a crash is the fact that injuries may be very serious. Some of the most common injuries that occur when two vehicles collide include:
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Head and face injuries;
- Neck and back injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Bone fracture injuries;
- Internal injuries, including punctured organs and internal bleeding;
- External injuries, such as lacerations and bruises;
- Soft tissue injuries; and
- Amputation/loss of use of limb injuries.
In addition to the physical injuries that a person involved in a serious crash will likely suffer, there is a high chance of psychological injuries as well. Types of psychological injuries that are most common are post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, and anxiety.
Who’s At-Fault for My Crash?
Figuring out who’s at fault for your crash can be complicated, but important, especially if your injuries are serious. Fault determination is based on an investigative process. This process might include talking to both drivers and any eyewitnesses, analyzing physical crash data, reviewing vehicle control module data, hiring accident reconstruction experts, and more.
Unless your injuries are serious, you won’t need to worry too much about fault. This is because Florida is a no-fault car insurance state, which means that drivers file a claim with their own insurance company following a crash, regardless of fault. If your injuries are serious, you may step out of the no-fault system. If you do so, you can hold the at-fault party liable for your injuries by proving:
- The driver owed you a duty of care;
- The duty of care owed to you was breached;
- The breach was the direct cause of your accident; and
- Your accident resulted in damages.
Our Auto Accident Services – How We Maximize Your Compensation Award
Our lawyers are available to represent you during all phases of the auto accident claims process, beginning with sitting down with you and discussing your options. Further, we provide the following services:
- Conducting a thorough investigation;
- Paying for all experts’ fees upfront;
- Representing you in all interactions with the insurance adjuster;
- Managing all legal elements, including that your claim is filed within the four-year statute of limitations;
- Negotiating your settlement; and
- Litigating on your behalf.
Call the Office of Jacobs Legal Today
Our Miami auto accident lawyers are ready to start working on your case. To schedule your free consultation with our legal team today, please send us a message or call our office directly. We look forward to working with you.