Miami Commercial Litigation Lawyer
The last thing most businesses or property owners want is to get tied up in a lawsuit.
But when a dispute has made such action unavoidable, the commercial litigation attorneys at Jacobs Legal Trial Lawyers are uniquely qualified to pursue and defend business lawsuits. We have extensive courtroom experience representing large institutional lenders in complex commercial disputes, as well as small and mid-level businesses in a wide variety of legal matters.
There may be circumstances and strategies that will allow us to help you avoid ending up in the courtroom, including an aggressively-negotiated settlement or closed-door arbitration hearings.
When your company needs a strong, effective voice in resolving a business dispute, the Miami commercial litigation lawyers at Jacobs Legal can help.
Some of the different types of cases we handle include:
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Breach of contract and contract interpretation
- Business negligence
- Actions for worthless checks and civil thefts
- Violations of trade secrets and restrictive covenants
- Non-compete clauses and other restrictive covenants on employee contracts
- Business disputes
- Collection of amounts due
- Fraudulent transactions
- Employment disputes
- Commercial and residential lease disputes, including commercial land development agreements
We recognize while many administrators and owners take their business personally, resolution of business disputes must be weighed carefully and unemotionally.
With a broad range of commercial dispute experience, our goals are to listen, determine your objectives and execute strategies that allow us to reach those objectives as efficiently as possible.
Identifying Trial Themes in Commercial Litigation
There is an old saying that “good facts, not good lawyers” win lawsuits. Of course, good facts never hurt. But the problem with this statement is when it comes to litigation, no fact speaks for itself. The same is true of evidence.
A good lawyer who effectively uses themes to communicate can better persuade a judge or jury. A “theme” is the way in which the case is packaged and presented to the judge, jury, arbitrator or other relevant party.
Developing a strong theme or even multiple possible themes in preparation for trial is something many law firms don’t do until the very last minute in commercial litigation. That puts them at a disadvantage because identifying the angle early on can aid in the discovery process, witness preparation, settlement negotiations and just about every other aspect of trial.
And, in the event we do have to go to trial, we’re ready. Even when your goal is not to end up in trial, preparing a commercial litigation case for that possibility is critical. When your opponent knows you are going to be well-represented and prepared for trial, it can create substantial leverage that can lead to favorable results.
When a business places its trust in us, we take that responsibility very seriously.
To each and every client, we strive to offer:
- Efficiency. We make sure the cases we take on are properly staffed with attorneys who have the appropriate experience. In the end, this saves you both money and time. We also focus on which pre-trial strategies are either going to result in a favorable resolution prior to trial, or streamline litigation to your advantage in the courtroom.
- Providing Sound Legal Advice. We don’t want to simply see your company weather this storm. We want to see you thrive. We know the stakes are high, and we understand your concerns about how litigation affects your firm. We conduct a thorough risk analysis for each option (Settlement? Trial? Arbitration?) and assist our clients in deciding what’s best for the business.
- Aggressive Settlement Negotiation. Settlement agreements often make the most sense for companies – but only if you have a firm with proven experience willing to tenaciously fight for your best interests.
- A quick resolution is often desirable, but only if it gets you good results. We’re committed to doing just that.
Contact the Miami civil litigation lawyers at Jacobs Legal Trial Lawyers for a confidential appointment to discuss your rights.
Call us at (305) 358-7991.